CLASS-IX – BIOLOGY MCQs Ch. Natural resources
1. What would happen if all the oxygen present in the environment is converted to ozone?
a) We will have greater protection from UV rays of sun
b) It will become poisonous and kill living forms
c) Ozone is not stable so it will be converted back to oxygen
d) Harmful radiation from the sun will reach the earth and damage many life forms.
2. Which one of the following factors does not lead to soil formation in nature
d) Polythene bags
3. Which of the following processes is not involved in carbon cycle?
b) Burning of fossil fuels
4. The main biological process that returns oxygen yo the atmosphere is
a) Burning of fossil fuels
c) Respiration d) Rainfall
5. Which of the following is not an important factor for growth of plants
a) Nutrient content of soil
b) Distance of water body from the soil
c) Amount of humus present in the soil
d) Depth of soil
6. Soil erosion can be prevented by
a) Raising forests
b) Excessive use of fertilizer
d ) Overgrazing by animals
7 Rainfalls depends upon
a) The underground water table
b) The density pattern of human population in area
c) The number of water bodies in an area
d) The prevailing season in an area
8. One of the following processes is not a step involved in the water cycle operating in nature.
b) Snowfall and rain
9. The factor responsible for depletion of the ozone layer is
a) Excessive use of automobiles
b) Excessive use of man-made compounds containing both fluorine and chlorine c) Excessive formation of industrial units
d) Excessive deforestation
10. Which of the following acids fall on land with rain during lightening?
a) Nitric acid and Nitrous acid
b) Hydrochloric acid and Sulphuric acid
c) Sulphuric acid and Nitrous acid
d) Hydrochloric acid and Nitrous acid
CLASS-IX – BIOLOGY MCQs Ch. DIVERSITY IN LIVING ORGANISMS
1. Which of the following statement is incorrect:
a) whittaker proposed the five kingdom system of classification
b) Charles Darwin described the idea of evolution.
c) woese divided monera into archaebacteria and eubacteria
d) Aristotle classified animals on the basis of nutrition
2. The hierarchy of classification follows the follows the following pattern
a) kingdom, phylum, family ,order,class,genus,species
b) kingdom, phylum, order,class, family , genus, species
c) kingdom, phylum ,class, order,family , genus, species
d) kingdom , phylum, family, class, order, genus, species
3. Which of the following a common feature of monera and protista
a) prokaryotic cell b) autotrophic mode of nutrition
c) eukaryotic cell d) unicellular body design
4. Which of the following criteria cannot be used to differentiate between the members of kingdom
fungi and the members of kingdom plantae
a) presence /absence of cell wall b) mode of nutrition
c) composition of cell wall d) presence /absence of chlorophyll
5. if pteridophytes had this feature , they would be placed in the same group as gymnosperms
a) seed bearing capacity b)plant body differentiated into root , stem, and leaves c) vascular tissues d)well differentiated reproductive tissue.
6. Which of the following animals is a true fish?
a) silver fish b)jelly fish c)star fish d)dog fish
7. A list of groups of animals are given below.
an open circulatory system is present in which of the above mentioned?
a) (i) &(ii) b)(i) &(iii)
c) (ii) &(iii) d)(ii) &(iv)
8. Which of the following cannot be used as a criterion for scientific classification of living
a) height of the organism
b) mode of nutrition
c) body design and complexity of the organisms
d) membrane bound nucleus and cell organelles
9. A well defined nucleus is absent in
a) algae b)diatoms
c) blue green algae d)yeast
10.A two chambered heart is found in
a) rohu b)snake c)crocodile d)toad
CLASS-IX – BIOLOGY MCQs Ch. Why do we fall ill?
1. Which of the following disease is caused by a protozoan?
a) malaria b)common cold c)AIDS d)typhoid
2. It is difficult to make anti-viral drug because
a) viruses uses the host cell machinery to grow and divide
b) viruses are surrounded by protein coat
c) iruses are on the border line living and non-living
d) viruses are very small in size
3. List below are few diseases
III. common cold
IV. viral fever
Which of the above mentioned diseases are classified as acute disease?
a) I & II
b) II & III
c) III & IV
d) I & IV
4. Which of the following is not important for individual health?
a) Living in a large and well- furnished home
b) Social equality and harmony
c) Living in a clean, pollution free environment d) Good Economic condition
5. The AIDS virus cannot be transmitted by:
a) Breast feeding
b) Blood transfusion
c) Sexual contact
d) Hugs and hand shake
6. Mosquitoes should not be allowed to breed in the surroundings because:
a) They cause a number of diseases
b) They divide fast and cause pollution
c) Mosquitoes multiply and cause pollution
d) They are vectors for many diseases
7. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
a) AIDS can be prevented from spreading
b) Prevention is better than cure
c) Vaccination provides protection against specific disease
d) Treatment is better than prevention
8. Which of the following diseases has been eradicated?
b) Sleeping sickness
c) Small pox
9. A person is living in an overcrowded, poorly ventilated house. He is most likely to suffer from:
a) Water-borne diseases
c) Air-borne diseases d) AIDS
10. The antibiotic works on the following principle:
a) It makes the immune system of the patient strong so that he/she may not be infected
b) It removes the vector of a disease
c) It contains vitamins important to fight against the disease
d) It blocks the biochemical pathway important for growth of the pathogen